As a specialist investment industry recruitment firm, EFR almost always have one or more Equity Research Analyst vacancy available at any given time. Seeing that the role of an Equity Research Analyst is very similar across investment firms and normally only differs with respect to seniority, geographic focus and Employment Equity, this job description serves to cover all currently available Equity Research Analyst vacancies. If you are therefore seeking an Equity Research Analyst opportunity, please apply below, or contact Deon directly, so that we could discuss details of the opportunities currently available.
• The main objective of an Equity Research Analyst is to analyse all available financial information pertaining to a company in order to determine whether the current share price of that company is fair and presenting the research, with recommendations, to the rest of the investment team.
Key job functions include:
• In-depth financial statement analysis using various types of analysis techniques and formula;
• Building complex financial models;
• Preparing research reports and presentations on the research conducted and recommendations;
• Actively following all news and SENS reports relating to companies under review and adjusting recommendations as and when necessary, as well as keeping the investment team abreast of any developments.
• As financial statement analysis is at the heart of the role of an Equity Research Analyst, significant emphasis is placed on Accounting-related qualifications and investment firms therefore almost always strongly prefer a Chartered Accountancy qualification;
• Due to the nature/curriculum of the CFA qualification and the tendency of many CA’s to complete CFA, the combination of CA & CFA is fast becoming the preferred academic profile of Equity Research Analysts in South Africa;
• Candidates with an Engineering degree and MBA, or CFA would also be considered;
• The investment industry places significant emphasis on consistent excellent academic achievement;
• Candidates need to clearly demonstrate a genuine passion for and deep interest in investments and managing money.
• Regrettably, only SA citizens will be considered.