Please note that this role is specifically earmarked for an Employment Equity candidate.
Top investment house has an investment-technical opportunity available in their Institutional Business Development team for an experienced and appropriately qualified individual to play a key strategic role in the teams’ ability to effectively engage with institutional clients.
It is important to note that this is not a client-facing role – it provides expert-level investment technical support to the client-facing managers to enable them to effectively engage with clients and adequately respond to client requests.
Key responsibilities include:
• Produce professional investment research reports that speaks to the needs of institutional clients;
• Respond to ad-hoc technical investment requests from clients and/or client-facing managers;
• Provide insights into bespoke investment client requests;
• Engage in regular research and readings to stay apprised about the state of the South African investment environment, global financial markets and current events relating to investments;
• Regularly engage with the investment team to stay up to date with their market views and investment decision making processes;
• Developing insights into the institutional landscape by continuously performing industry and competitor research;
• Identifying potential business threats and opportunities and keeping the team abreast.
• At least 8 years’ investment experience.
• Appropriate degree + CA / CFA / MBA – Post Grad in Financial Industry
• Actuarial science / FRM / CQF advantageous
• Excellent understanding of local and international financial markets, economics and politics.
• Client-focused mentality.
• Excellent inter-personal skills.
• Excellent investment technical knowledge across asset classes, investment strategies and markets.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Innovative and solutions focused.