The Investment team of a leading Financial Services firm is seeking to appoint a numerically strong investment professional to assist with a broad range of Investment Analytical tasks including product pricing, product development, portfolio construction, performance attribution & measurement and product development, as well as some client-facing responsibilities. The team operates within the multi-management investment space across investment consulting and investment management.
Key Functions (Amongst Others):
• Pricing: Daily updating of pricing models.
• Product cash flow management: Investment, disinvestment and switch instructions across all funds and products.
• Portfolio analytics and rebalancing: Reviewing asset allocation and compliance to Reg 28, Instructing asset allocation cash flows to realign funds to strategic exposures, assessment of portfolio exposures from a risk and return perspective.
• Manager review and due diligence: Reviewing manager performance, fund exposures, risk and market views, compliance and supporting tasks.
• Reporting: Preparation of investment reports for clients.
• Performance: Performance attribution and measurement
• Portfolio and Product construction: Building models and assessing return profiles for products and funds and researching alternative portfolios.
• Risk management: Measuring & reviewing portfolio risk against benchmarks
• Internal and external presentations: Preparing and presenting on work performed.
• Research: Performing research into market information, local & international news and economic data releases etc.
Ideal candidate’s profile:
• B.Com or B.SC degree with a post-graduate professional qualification (CA/CFA/Actuarial exams, etc.) strongly preferred.
• Financial risk management or risk attribution experience preferred.
• Registered Persons Exams (RPE) an advantage.
• CFP subjects passed or FPI member an advantage.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience, which could include investment consultant, investment analyst, portfolio manager, financial risk manager, trading financial markets, investment product design, marketing of financial services, actuarial consultant.
• General investment management and investment strategy knowledge essential.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), proprietary software program and licensed software such as Style Research, Style Advisor, etc.