**Note that this vacancy is earmarked for a suitably qualified and experienced Employment Equity candidate.
Super exciting and quite rare Investment Analyst opportunity for a top-calibre Quant with a love for numbers, investments and systems/programming to join the global equity team of a leading investment house.
• Investigate correlations and new quantitative concepts and formulate these into actionable investment recommendations;
• Present and argue investment views and new investment ideas and participate in the investment debate and final investment decision;
• Play a key role in incorporating “AI” in the investment process;
• Build and maintain the quantitative screens for the fund, which includes country, sector, style and currency models;
• Build and maintain user-friendly and intuitive dashboards;
• Research and develop new/alternative quant techniques;
• Lead key front-office IT projects;
• At least 4 years’ experience gained in Investment Analysis / Quants / Modelling
• Post-Graduate qualification in Mathematics / Financial Mathematics / Statistics / Data Science
• CFA preferred
• Coding skills – MATLAB / Python / R / C#
• Experience in working with large data sets, and performing quantitative & statistical analysis in Advanced Excel & VBA (Barra, I-Maps & Factset preferred)
• Deep interest in markets, finance, quants and investing
• Project management skills