**Note this vacancy is specifically earmarked for a suitably qualified and experienced Employment Equity candidate.
Superb buy-side Quantitative opportunity within the investment team of a leading investment house for an experienced Quantitative Analyst / Financial Engineer with a passion for investments to create, code, back-test and run the investment models that underpin the investment process.
• As a critical member of the investment team the incumbent’s key focus will be on the creation, coding, back-testing and running of all the investment models that the team uses to make investment decisions. advanced techniques in risk management and portfolio management;
• Design and develop supporting data infrastructure to create efficiencies and minimise risk in existing reporting and portfolio management processes;
• Design and improve existing business processes;
• Provide quantitative support to the wider team by assisting with tasks such as benchmarking, valuation and optimisation models;
• Research new and/or alternative quantitative techniques.
• At least 4 years’ experience gained in an investments / quants / modelling role;
• Honours/Masters in Mathematics / Financial Mathematics / Statistics / Data Science;
• CFA preferred;
• Coding skills is an absolute must: (MATLAB / Python / R / C#)
• Passion and aptitude for building data models and algorithmic systems that solve complex investment problems in global markets:
• Deep interest in markets, finance, quants and investing:
• Desire to work with a cognitively diverse great people with in a collaborative environment