*Note: Whilst Employment Equity candidates are preferred, exceptional non-EE candidates would also be considered.
Prestigious Private Equity team within a leading investment house is seeking to appoint a specialist resource to assume responsibility for and lead the fundraising activities and investor relations activities of the team.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assume responsibility for capital raising and investor relations activities.
• Formalize and build out the investor relations function.
• Growing local and international investor base & retaining and servicing existing investor base.
• Take responsibility for the project management of current and future fundraises and future product developments.
• Being the custodian of all fundraising documentation, including the Private Placement Memorandum, fund agreements, pitch presentations and the Due Diligence Questionnaire.
• Relevant post-grad academic qualification.
• CFA a distinct advantage.
• Between 5-10 years’ experience in fundraising & investor relations in the SA Institutional Investment market.
• Established strong relationships with the key players within the SA Institutional Investment market.
• First-rate technical knowledge of investments and specifically of the complexities and nuances around Private Equity investments and Funds.
• Strong and natural communicator.
• Excellent listening skills with strong EQ.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Client focused & relationship building skills.
• Passionate about investments.