*Note: Whilst Employment Equity candidates are strongly preferred, exceptional non-EE candidates would also be considered.
Prestigious Private Equity team within a top investment house is seeking an exceptional investment professional to assist with sourcing and analysis of investment opportunities and playing a pivotal role in the investment decision making process.
Key responsibilities include:
• Generation of investment ideas and deal origination;
• Conducts advanced financial analysis and financial modelling;
• Assists in the scoping and coordination of due diligence;
• Conducts market, industry and investment opportunity analysis;
• Prepares reports and present as required to inform decision making;
• Provides structuring and negotiation support during the construction of deals;
• Undertakes quarterly valuations;
• Partake in the development and execution of fund marketing strategies to attract potential institutional investors.
• Develop and assist with client reporting.
• CA (SA) with CFA, or studying towards CFA
• 2 to 5 years’ relevant experience in an investment banking, private equity, corporate finance or asset management environment
• Consistent outstanding academic achievements (non-negotiable!)
• Excellent knowledge of the investment environment, financial markets and instruments
• Advanced Financial modelling and Excel skills
• FAIS Compliant
• Good communicator
• Good working knowledge of key commercial statutes and regulations (Tax; Companies Act)
• Strong analytical and critical reasoning skills.
• Presentation skills and confidence.
• Client focused & relationship building skills.
• Passionate about investments.
• Confident and assertive personality.