Note: Only suitably qualified Employment Equity candidates would be considered.
A specialist Investment Manager with a strong focus on Quantitative Portfolio Management, Absolute Return and Derivative-based Strategies, has a vacancy for an experienced Investment Professional to take responsibility for a portfolio of index tracking mandates and play an active role in the management thereof and any associated activities.
• Managing portfolios within mandated investment objectives, philosophy and processes;
• Improving the investment process and minimising the occurrence of errors;
• Proactive and professional engagement with clients and service providers (internal and external);
• Conduct research and analysis as required by existing and potential clients;
• Competitor analysis and research, including product positioning.
• Fulfil any client reporting requirements, accurately and within their deadlines.
• Relevant tertiary qualification with Math or Stats focus;
• CFA strongly preferred;
• Meet FAIS requirements – education and experience;
• 3-5 years’ relevant investment experience;
• Thorough understanding of the investment environment and financial markets; equity, fixed income and derivative markets both international and domestic;
• Exposure to quantitative and financial modelling;
• A good understanding of operational processes, various market settlement windows, benchmarks, mandates, tracking errors, compliance and order management systems;
• Advanced knowledge of Excel a prerequisite;
• Excellent communication skills, (both written and presentation skills) and comfortable interacting with clients