Note: This opportunity is specifically earmarked for a suitably qualified Employment Equity candidate
The Treasury division of a respected firm is seeking an experienced candidate with solid experience in Money Market Dealing and/or ALM Liquidity Management to manage a Money Market book within agreed risk parameters to ensure sufficient liquidity whilst maximising profitability.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage cash flow, liquidity and short term investments in compliance with mandates and trading limits.
• Develop and implement strategies to monitor and manage liquidity risk and maximize profitability.
• Execution of daily trading activities.
• Daily P&L monitoring and reporting.
• B Com, B Bus Sci or relevant equivalent tertiary qualifications
• CFA Charter Holder / Candidate preferable
• Registered Persons Exams (RPE)
• At least 3 years’ experience on the dealing desk at a reputable bank, asset manager, or corporate Treasury
• Excellent understanding of the SA financial markets, financial instruments, liquidity management and risk management
• Articulate and confident with a strong commercial focus
• Must have well developed analytical and risk management capabilities