A prestigious global financial services firm operating within the investment industry is seeking a highly capable finance professional to take responsibility for the financial reporting and management of portfolios of key clients within the Debt and Capital markets space. The incumbent would be a senior member of the team and a strong emphasis of this role is on the development and mentoring of team members, as well as expanding the client base.
• Joint responsibility for the development of the team and for the day-to-day financial reporting and management of a portfolio of clients;
• Assisting senior management on all aspects of financial reporting, including working directly with clients to ensure their portfolios are run efficiently in compliance with contractual obligations, as well as with entity and statutory requirements including local law, relevant GAAP, including IFRS and other reporting principles;
• Together with senior management ensure the planning, coordination and completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations;
• Preparation and implementation of client-specific procedures in relation to the reporting requirements;
• Development and maintenance of policies and procedures;
• Ensuring that all deliverables are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring tasks and delegating these across the relevant managers team;
• Support the implementation of new structures;
• Act as primary point of contact with auditors in respect of the planning and coordination of the audits;
• Be able to provide sound, quality, and technical guidance to clients;
• Assist with the training of junior staff;
• Perform other duties as necessary to support the strategic development of the business including client meetings, new business pitches and new business proposals.
• CA (preferred), CIMA, ACA, ACCA
• Ideally 3 – 4 years’ experience in a similar environment;
• Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy;
• Excellent understanding of regulatory and financial reporting regime and IFRS;
• Ability to motivate and influence a team:
• Excellent organisational and prioritising skills;
• Motivated and driven.