Note: This opportunity is specifically earmarked for a suitably qualified Employment Equity candidate
Investment firm is seeking an experienced Analyst to join their structured (unlisted) credit portfolio team. The team manages investments across a spectrum of sectors including property finance, FMCG, manufacturing and healthcare.
The successful incumbent would be responsible for the analysis, modelling, and documentation of credit transactions for SA corporates, LBO and property transactions.
Key responsibilities include:
• Credit risk analysis of a portfolio of counterparties including structured unlisted credit evaluation, approval and monitoring (could include elements of listed credit evaluation);
• Counterparty evaluation, legal analysis and instrument structuring and pricing;
• Preparation and presentation of credit/investment proposals to Credit/Investment Committee(s);
• Review and negotiation of legal documents for approved investments;
• Relative quantitative and qualitative risk rating of counterparties and instruments in the portfolios managed, including the application of risk scoring methodologies;
• Stakeholder interaction, including interaction with external credit market participants, engaging with counterparties and investing clients;
• Proactively monitor a portfolio of debt exposures;
• Provide input aimed at enhancing the existing Credit Risk Management Framework.
• B Comm, B Bus Sci or equivalent qualification;
• CA(SA) / CFA preferred;
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience:
• Working knowledge/understanding of the credit and fixed income markets;
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Responsible, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• Articulate and confident.
• Strong commercial focus.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Good communication skills, both written and presentational.