Note: Preference would be given to suitably qualified Employment Equity candidates
Top investment house has an opportunity available in their Investment Implementation team for a numerically strong top caliber young professional who is passionate about a long-term career in investments.
The Investment Implementation team essentially forms the link between the Portfolio Managers, Dealers and Operations team – it therefore offers incredible exposure, as one is right in the middle of all the action!
The successful incumbent’s main objective is to support the Portfolio Managers by preparing various exposure reports, which enables them to better understand the impact certain investment decisions will have on the overall portfolio – thus assisting them in their investment decision making process.
Responsibilities include monitoring portfolio exposures and trades, monitoring compliance to portfolio mandates, daily portfolio reporting, performance monitoring and portfolio modelling across all asset classes.
• Relevant numerical degree with specialisation in Accounts, Maths or Stats.
• CFA studies a distinct advantage.
• Consistent top academic results.
• Strong numerical ability and excellent Excel skills.
• Prior Operations / Trade Support / Implementation experience in asset management environment essential. International administration experience preferred.
• Exposure to Reg28, Reg29/30, UCITS, CISCA, ERISA, SEC, FSA.
• Exposure to and understanding of all asset classes across markets.
• Ability to work in a highly dynamic, fast paced and pressured environment.
• Ability to stay calm under severe pressure.
• Analytical, accurate and outstanding attention to detail.
• Passionate about investments & financial markets.
• Pro-active and able to grasp concepts quickly.
• High level of integrity.
• Team player.
• Ability to use initiative and multitask.