Note: Only suitably qualified Employment Equity candidates would be considered
Excellent opportunity at a top Investment House in a team responsible for originating and managing Impact Investments with the objective of generating positive social and environmental impact alongside a financial return.
• Responsible for researching, analysing and originating projects within the Impact Investment space.
• Performing screening, due diligence and analysis of potential investments and determining the suitability of the investment and investment partner.
• Performing full financial analysis including sales and profit estimates, projected rates of return on capital, total equity, asset utilization and leverage.
• Making recommendations regarding investment attractiveness.
• Structuring of the deal within risk parameters.
• Assisting credit analysts to determine an appropriate risk rating.
• Negotiating and developing appropriate term sheets.
• Presenting investment proposals and making investment recommendations to the Investment Committees.
• Preparing bi-annual monthly and annual valuations of assets.
• Contributing to decisions about the management of problem assets.
• Providing report-backs and performance feedback.
• Contributing to the management and policy directions of the Impact Funds.
• Analyse and record the developmental impacts and social benefits as a consequence of investments.
• Relevant undergraduate degree – B.Com, B.Sc. Property Studies, B.BusSc, or similar
• Relevant post-graduate qualification – CA, CFA, MBA, Masters in Development Studies would be advantageous
• At least 5 years’ experience in origination and investment analysis, ideally in the impact investment space