**Note – This vacancy is ideally earmarked for suitably qualified and experienced Employment Equity candidates.
The Fixed Income team of a highly respected investment house has a vacancy for an experienced Investment Professional with a passion for the Fixed Income markets and specifically the listed credit bond space. The successful incumbent would form an integral part of the investment team and would be responsible for a wide variety of tasks that extend beyond the normal credit analysis, legal documentation review and credit approval, but also include the origination of assets, trading strategies, stakeholder engagement and the production of credit-related research, views and thought pieces.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing interest rate risk, inflation risk, credit risk, as well as the liquidity of portfolios;
• Counterparty and sector analysis, legal review, and pricing analysis:
• Preparation and presentation of investment recommendations to PM’s and Credit Committee:
• Proactive monitoring of investments, including daily price movements, to provide timely trading recommendations to PM’s;
• Assist PM’s in the allocation and pricing of credit investments and ensuring yield enhancement targets are met considering overlay strategies’ costs and client mandates;
• Engaging with banks and arrangers with regards to primary market issuances;
• Monitor domestic and global market trends, analysing their effect on investments to ensure the successful management of portfolios;
• Articulate and present fixed income and credit market views, themes and trends to the team and clients;
• Engaging with clients to provide written or verbal feedback, commentaries and for ad hoc requests;
• Engage with counterparties on behalf of clients to protect client interests.
• Minimum 3 years’ Fixed Income experience gained at a reputable Asset Manager or Investment Bank:
• CA(SA) or CFA – ideally both;
• Listed credit bond market experience strongly preferred;
• Working knowledge of the listed credit bond market and fixed income environment;
• Experience in ESG screening, ESG incorporation and active stewardship advantageous;
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver;