Note: This opportunity is specifically earmarked for a suitably qualified Employment Equity candidate
The private client investment team of a highly regarded investment firm is seeking an experienced Dealer to join their team.
The incumbent would mostly be dealing in local and offshore Equities, but there’s some Fixed Income dealing as well – mostly in the listed ETF space. Some knowledge/exposure to the FX markets would be useful.
Key responsibilities include:
• Trading in local and offshore Equities, as well as in Fixed Income;
• On receipt of buy/sell order determines, implements and adopts appropriate trading tactics to optimise pricing/profitability;
• Maintains internal communication with Portfolio Managers and external communication with local and international stock brokers;
• Maintains trading systems and builds financial models;
• Continuously assess the markets for trading opportunities to enhance investment performance;
• Monitors financial markets and keeping Portfolio Managers abreast of latest developments.
• B Com, B Bus Sci or relevant equivalent tertiary qualifications;
• Registered Persons Exams (RPE) and other relevant regulatory Trading exams;
• At least 3 years’ experience on the dealing desk at a reputable investment firm / stock broker;
• Excellent understanding of the SA financial markets, economics in general, the various financial instruments and their pricing, as well as factors impacting liquidity and pricing;
• Prior experience using the SAXO and Peresys/IRESS platforms beneficial;
• Articulate and confident with a strong commercial focus;
• Must have well developed analytical and risk management capabilities;