Note: Preference would be given to suitably qualified Employment Equity candidates
The institutional Business Development team of a top investment house is seeking a numerically astute candidate with an eye for detail to assist with the gathering, analysing and interpreting of investment information to support the firm’s local and international BDM activities. This is a highly dynamic, fast-paced and pressured environment and requires someone who is able to multitask and stay calm under severe pressure.
• Source relevant investment information from various areas of the firm and deal with various level of employees including senior management for input and take ownership of providing accurate and timeous investment data to the team;
• Preparation and maintenance of investment information for easy utilisation by the BDM team to fulfil functions such as:
o Reporting accurate assets under management numbers and investment flows;
o RFPs and Tenders;
o Surveys for clients;
o Client pitches;
o Management and Board level reporting;
o Ad-hoc client queries;
• Drive and manage investment data and process-related projects;
• Manage ad-hoc information requests.
• Relevant numerically-orientated degree (BBusSci, B.Sc, BComStats etc)
• CFA studies a distinct advantage.
• 5 years working experience in financial services of which 2-3 years’ must be in an analytical / quantitative role within investment banking / asset management (preferred).
• A good understanding of investment strategies, financial instruments and financial markets.
• Strong numerical ability and excellent Excel skills.
• Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office knowledge.
• Working knowledge of VBA and Microsoft SQL.
• Salesforce experience a distinct advantage.
• Database experience an advantage.
• Ability to work in a highly dynamic, fast paced and pressured environment.
• Ability to stay calm under severe pressure.
• Analytical, accurate and outstanding attention to detail.
• Team player.
• Ability to use initiative and multitask.