The local office of a rather unique and highly dynamic international investment firm has a vacancy for an experienced Asset-Based Finance professional with specific exposure to Accounts Receivable/Invoice Financing to join their newly established Working Capital investment team. The firm specialises in lending to high-growth early-stage tech-orientated businesses, similar in many respects to venture capital, but with a different approach.
The objective of the role is to assess and recommend working-capital investment opportunities and as such requires an exceptionally bright Analyst with a strong finance or accounting background with the necessary skills and experience to scrutinise potential portfolio companies both from a technical financial analysis, as well as a general business perspective.
The incumbent needs to be thorough, meticulous and able to demonstrate a strong analytical mind-set. Additionally, he/she needs to have a genuine interest in working with growing businesses and possess excellent communication and client relationship skills, as in addition to performing financial analysis, this person will also manage client relationships with portfolio companies, including monthly reviews of performance and regular funding activity.
This is a very important role in an emerging team of a global firm and a terrific opportunity to get in at the start of building a new business line.
• Rigorous financial analysis of target firms
• Deep diving into revenues and accounts receivable
• Assessing the general business plan, management and industry
• Recommending investment opportunities, investment amounts and pricing
• Monitoring investment performance
• Liaising with portfolio companies
• Appropriate Accounting/Finance degree (Honours-level preferred)
• CA(SA) or CFA highly preferred
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Asset-Based Finance, or similar
• Strong analytical skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Problem solving, innovation and perseverance
• Self-motivated and have the ability to use initiative
• Ability to work both independently and within a team
• Planning and organizing
• Communication and presentation skills